Strasbourg is located far east of France, at the border with Germany.
Travel by train :
- From the railway station (zoom in on the map below ), the city center of Strasbourg is easily accessed by tram A, D or C. Further information on how to reach the conference venue can be found below.
Travel by plane (see airports location on the map below ):
- The airport of Strasbourg, located in Entzheim (SXB), provides many connections to the main French cities and to the International Schiphol airport of Amsterdam (The Netherlands). Regular regional trains will bring you to the railway station of Strasbourg in 10 minutes. The Entzheim railway station is located at the airport.
- Strasbourg is also linked to the international EuroAirport (EAP), located about 130 km away, close to Basel, Mulhouse and Freiburg. A bus will take you to the St-Louis railway station, where you can take a regional train (TER) to Strasbourg.
- Strasbourg may also be easily reached from the international Frankfurt airport (FRA). Main airline companies landing in Frankfurt provide a link to Strasbourg either by bus or train.
- The international Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport (CDG) is linked to Strasbourg by the high speed TGV train. When coming from CDG airport, your TGV journey will be included in your flight ticket. For the return trip, please be aware that the registration takes place at the AirFrance registration desk in the railway station.
The conference will be held at the Hilton hotel, 1 avenue Herrenschmidt (Strasbourg, France) , located in the European institutions district. The conference venue can be reached by tram B or E, or bus 2, stop at “Lycée Kléber”.
- From Strasbourg central stop “Homme de fer”: tram B, direction Hoenheim gare
- From Strasbourg railway station: reach Tram stop “Homme de fer” by either tram A direction Illkirch-Graffenstaden or tram D direction Aristide Briand , direction Hoenheim gare>
The hotels below offer discounted rates.
- Hilton hotel , directly at the conference venue – 30 bedrooms at preferential rate of 139€ (single room including breakfast) or 149€ (double room including breakfast) from 24th to 29th June . This offer ends on May 15th – Reservation on-line : http://group.hilton.com/UNISTRA. For any question concerning the booking : Hilton-contact.
- Best Western Monopole Métropole . 5 min walking to Tram B “Alt Winmärik” – 25 bedrooms are available at preferential rate of 105€ (including breakfast). Reservation can be made by email; please specify that you come for the NEWCAS conference. This offer ends on April 30th.
- Best Western Hôtel de l’Europe . 5 min walking to Tram B “Homme de Fer” – 10 bedrooms for 105€ (including breakfast) and 15 higher standards bedrooms for 125€ (including breakfast). Reservation can be made by email; please specify that you come for the NEWCAS conference. This offer ends on April 30th.
- Citadines Kleber Strasbourg , close to Tram B “Homme de Fer” – Studio single (22m2) : 79€ including breakfast, Studio twin (26m2) : 85€ including breakfast for one person (additional breakfast 10€), Apartment 2 rooms / 4 people (36m2) : 104€ + breakfast 10€ / person. Reservation by email or by phone +33 188.8.131.52.00; please specify “University of Strasbourg”
- Mercure Strasbourg Centre – 15 min by tram from the conference venue
- Ibis Strasbourg Centre Halles – 17 min by tram from the conference venue
- Ibis Strasbourg Centre Historique – 21 min by tram from the conference venue
- Mercure Strasbourg Palais des Congrès – 300m away from the conference venue
Many other hotels can also be found downtown from 80 € to 100€ per night. They are located at 15 to 30 min walking from the Hilton Hotel, or 10 minutes by Tramway. You may also find the hotel Mercure Strasbourg Palais des Congrès close to the conference venue.
The following map highlights intresting sites of Strasbourg, click on the markers for more details:
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Strasbourg
- Petite France
- European parliament
- European Court of Human Rights
- Palais Universitaire de Strasbourg
There is still a huge amount of museums, historic sites, and intresting places to visit. For more information, we recommend you to follow this link to the Tourist Office Website: